The People Network are currently seeking an Application Engineer within the automotive sector. The Applications Engineer role is an exciting one with the opportunity to conduct cutting-edge powertrain and vehicle development and to experience, and learn from, a diverse range of technical field. The varied nature of the business will need the Applications Engineer to be willing and able to learn new tasks quickly, adapt to quick-changing technical issues and provide flexibility of working practices whilst maintaining high standards.
You will be responsible for specific project goals on a daily basis. However, the primary task of an Applications Engineer is to provide first class technical customer liaison support to fulfill the start and end of a traditional V-lifecycle plan. This includes accurate capture of customer requirements and practical and engaged support of all systems from their final test stages through to in-field testing and development.
• Degree-qualified in either Mechanical, Automotive, Systems, Electronic or Electrical Engineering.
• Proven experience in a similar role within a research and development environment.
• An understanding of modern automotive systems and common automotive practices.
• Knowledge of formal test environments and version of control systems.
• Hands on experience of developing control algorithms for automotive applications.
• Knowledge or familiarity of, Software C-code, MATLAB, CAN and flexray communication protocols and tool chain.
• Working with high voltage systems.
• Good test and analysis skills.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency with standard office tools: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
• A team player with the additional ability to work alone unsupervised.
• Highly-motivated and capable of working on concurrent activities.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.