The People Network is currently working with a large automotive company seeking a Principal Engineer within Electric Machines.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven capability and experience in electrical machine design and development. The work will involve designing and developing high performance rotating electrical machines for innovative electric and hybrid power trains.
We are seeking an ambitious "hands on" engineer with a good interpretation of machine requirements in collaboration with systems, hardware and mechanical engineers to generate detailed formal specifications.
• Engineering degree or equivalent.
• Relevant postgraduate training would be an advantage.
• Experience of quick-sizing with emphasis on electromagnetic and thermal performance of electrical machines.
• Experience in designing and developing high performance brushless rotating electrical machines, typically including permanent magnet, reluctance and induction machine types.
• Experienced and familiar with using a range of electromagnetic FEA tools together with other machine design tools.
• Understanding and experience of all mechanical aspects that influence the design of rotating electrical machines. This would extend to a familiarity with CAD analysis tools.
• Experience of small to medium volume manufacturing and assembly techniques appropriate to rotating electrical machines.
• Strong analytical skills with ability to solve complex technical problems.
• Good written and verbal communication skills. German language skills would be advantageous.
• Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplined project team nut also to work alone unsupervised to complete tasks on time and within budget.
• Highly-motivated, confident in customer facing situations.
• Able to share skills and develop others.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.