Big Data Techncial Lead
Big Data Technical Lead required by leading telecoms solution provider.
This dynamic company are becoming increasingly data driven in order to better satisfy their customers needs and offer them exceptional customer experiences. They are investing heavily in Big Data and are now seeking a talented, hands on Technical Lead to oversee their growing Big Data team.
As a Big Data Technical Lead you will oversee the delivery of an agile Big Data team of 14-15 people across a number of projects. As well as running the team you will remain hands on and will help design, build and produce high performing and stable applications that make use of large volumes of data in a multi-tenancy Hadoop environment. You and your team will also build real-time data processing applications which are integrated with business systems to enable value from analytic models to drive rapid decision making and provide meaningful insight.
To be considered you will be a Big Data Technical Lead who has strong experience in designing, building and managing applications to process large amounts of data in a Hadoop ecosystem; performance tuning applications on Hadoop and configuring Hadoop systems; as well as experience building systems to perform real-time data processing using Spark Streaming and Kafka, or similar technologies.
- Previous experience of managing agile teams, allocating work and monitoring performance
- Strong experience with Hadoop ecosystem (Spark, Hive/Impala, HBase, Yarn)
- Strong software development experience in Scala and Python programing languages
- Experience with Unix-based systems, including bash programming
- Experience with columnar data formats.
- Experience with other distributed technologies such as Cassandra, Solr/ElasticSearch, Flink, Flume
- Experience in other functional languages.
Based in London this exciting Big Data Technical Lead role is offering a salary is £75k-£85k plus 10% bonus and excellent benefits including pension, medical and life assurance as well as lots of other perks. If you want to play a key role in a growing Big Data team and have the necessary Hadoop skills then apply NOW!
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.