Data Scientist | Not for Profit | West End!
Global not for profit organisation based in the West End of London is looking for a Data Scientist who can deliver business results with data-based insights from quantitative data analysis and statistical modelling in this new and exciting role.
As a Data Scientist you will provide data-driven insight to support effective decision-making and make recommendations for optimising efficiencies and growth. You will be responsible and accountable for data modelling, data governance, data protection, data migration and data analytics. As a Data Scientist you will provide significant business value by defining how data in systems can be used to inform future tactical and strategic directives. You will also be responsible for the design and implementation of the data analytics and reporting capabilities in systems and act as the subject matter expert on these capabilities to both business and technology stakeholders (including external suppliers).
Essential experience and skills:
• Proven ability to deliver business results with data-based insights from quantitative data analysis and statistical modelling
• Relational database systems such as MS SQL Server and Postgres
• Statistical programming languages such as R or Python
• Using data analysis tools such as DAX
• Proficient in creating data dashboards and visualisations using tools such as PowerBI
• Understanding of beneficiary confidentiality issues and data governance
• Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
• Outstanding communication skills (written & oral English), including the ability to communicate and present both at a technical and non-technical level
• Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements
• Excellent understanding of business complexity and system interdependencies
• Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems that may arise in work products
• Experience of working within an agile project delivery environment, in particular Scrum
• Excellent customer service orientation and follow-up skills
• Ability to manage and prioritise workload
• Demonstrates a strong work ethic and able to take the initiative and ownership to deliver value to the business
• Cultural awareness and experience of delivering solutions internationally
Desirable experience and skills:
• Working with offshore project team members
• Monitoring and Evaluation of international development projects
• Experience in working in, and/or creating solutions for, NGO sector (including humanitarian & development contexts)
In return you will be rewarded with a very good salary and an exceptional benefits package including 30 days holiday (plus bank hols), generous pension with employer contributions up to 13.5%, season ticket loan, cycle loan, child care vouchers and eye tests.
You will get the satisfaction of giving something back by working for an immensely positive organisation that is truly doing so much good. Based in the west end their offices are in a great location with easy access to Leicester Square, Piccadilly and Charing Cross stations.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.