The People Network are working with the UK's largest designer and manufacturer of electric drive systems who are seeking an Embedded Software Engineer to join a friendly, vibrant and innovative team.
In this varied role, you will be actively involved in the formal product development process, from idea generation and requirements capture, through concept and prototype development, to final design verification and validation. Key tasks will include:
• Design and implement robust firmware solutions for embedded systems controlling high torque electric drive systems and integrating them into vehicle systems.
• Maintain and refactor existing firmware and applications to improve functionality and adhere to design and coding standards.
• Create user interface PC applications and processes to facilitate internal manufacture and test and commissioning procedures, and to allow customer system configuration and monitoring.
• Provide support to internal and external partners, primarily via email and phone but occasionally on site internationally.
This key role in a rapidly growing business in a high tech green industry would suit you if you have the following attributes:
• Be innovative and self-motivated, have good all round engineering knowledge, a flexible attitude and be able to work in a multi-disciplinary team to meet time and budget deadlines
• A track record of robust software design
• Excellent coding skills in C/C++
• Experience working with real time processes on embedded microcontrollers
• A minimum of 2 year's industry experience
• Good design documentation skills
Desirable Skills and technology knowledge
• Experience with TI and ARM microcontrollers
• Communications protocols such as SPI, I2C, RS232
• Automotive or commercial vehicle experience and knowledge of CAN, J1939
• Version control systems such as SVN, GIT, Mercurial
• Ability to understand electronic schematics
• Experience of coding standards such as MISRA C
• Ability to create windows based user applications
• Control systems
• Software unit testing and test driven design
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.