The People Network are working with the UK's largest designer and manufacturer of electric drive systems who are seeking a Power Electronics Design Engineer with experience of Switch Mode Power Supplies to join a friendly, vibrant and innovative team.
The core job role will include:
• Responsible for the introduction of new switch mode power supply products including AC/DC and DC/DC converters up to 1kV, 50kW
• Collaborating with internal/external customers to develop functional specification documents
• Converter topology selection, design and simulation to meet key industry/automotive EMC and safety standards
• Supervising engineers/technicians towards development, test and validation of initial prototype hardware
• Supporting transfer of product, through manufacture, to end customer
• Degree in a related discipline such as electrical/electronic engineering
• Minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience in full product life cycle of switch mode power supply (SMPS), AC/DC and DC/DC converters
• Detailed knowledge of analogue, digital and power electronics including control circuit design, PCB layout techniques, component selection, thermal management and MTBF
• Practical experience with bench test and lab equipment
• Altium or similar schematic/PCB design environment
• Standards compliance with e.g. ISO 7637, ISO 6469, EN 61800
• Embedded software development experience in C or C++
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.