Would you like to build and establish a QA and test function from scratch?
This global company based in Central London is looking for a Test Manager with some hands on skills and the ability to build and establish a QA and test function including recruitment, test strategy, test plans and test scripts.
In this role you will be responsible for ensuring that the organisation's broad portfolio of systems are released with the highest possible quality, meeting both external and internal requirements. In addition to ensuring quality on these products, the role will need to establish and provide leadership on best practice testing procedures and the use of automated testing. Leading and mentoring other testers onshore and offshore will also be required. This role works alongside developers, project managers, support staff, and product owners.
Essential experience and skills:
• Expertise in developing and implementing, test strategy, test plans and test scripts
• Testing front end (websites) and back end systems (database)
• The ability to take ownership and responsibility of manual and automated testing processes
• Exposure to one or more automated testing tools including their setup
• An understanding of software development methods and practices
• Managing system changes through a release management lifecycle
• Managing issue tracking databases and prioritising issues for future release
• Mentoring/Managing other testers
• A demonstrable an eye for detail, problem analysis and resolution skills
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills in English - must be able to communicate at both a technical and non-technical level
• The ability to work well under pressure
• Cultural awareness and experience of delivering solutions internationally
• The existing right to work in the UK
Desirable experience and skills:
• A passion for agile with experience of one or more Agile frameworks
• Experience in working with offshore project team members
• Experience with JIRA (including any testing plugins)
• Experience of working in a DevOps environment
• Knowledge of release management processes
• The ability to speak/write in languages other than English
In return you will be rewarded with a very good salary and an exceptional benefits package including 30 days holiday (plus bank hols), generous pension with employer contributions up to 13.5%, season ticket loan, cycle loan, child care vouchers and eye tests.
You will get the satisfaction of giving something back by working for an immensely positive organisation that is truly doing so much good. Based in the west end their offices are in a great location with easy access to Leicester Square, Piccadilly and Charing Cross.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.