Platform Service Engineer- (Windows/Cloud)
Platform Service Engineer- Windows| £35K - £45K+ bonus/bens | Bournemouth, UK
One of the UK's leading brands in financial services are seeking an experienced IT Platform Service Engineer to join their growing IT infrastructure team based in Bournemouth. The company in question are one of the UK's most recognisable brands in UK FS and are currently growing at a rapid rate due to business and customer growth. The company are a highly agile and fast paced organisation with a vibrant and ‘new school' mentality and are recognised as a great place to work locally in Bournemouth.
The role of Platform Services Engineer will be primarily responsible for management of 2nd line Support for Data Centres and Cloud across all locations. The role involves management of Support of VMware as well as incident troubleshooting activities. You will act as a technical expert for all things related to Windows infrastructure and be familiar with supporting, upgrading, deploying and managing a range of Windows focused infrastructure.
To be considered for the role of IT Platform Services Engineer you will have:
- 3+ years experience managing 2nd line support across Data Centres and Cloud
- Experience supporting and implementing solutions on AWS
- Experience of building and implementing Windows Services
- Experience with Service Reporting and Platform Services
- Experience working with Built and Automation tools- e.g. Puppet, Terraform etc.
- Experience working with 3rd party tech suppliers would be a plus
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Strong communication skills
Personally you will be a driven candidate with strong attention to detail and problem solving. You will be used to working in multi-location teams and have experience of dealing with stakeholders from different backgrounds ie: IT and business.
This is a key role working for a large FS organisation in a period of significant growth and change. For a full role and company overview please send your CV immediately. This is an urgent role and interviews will happen ASAP.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.