Portfolio Planning Manager
A superb opportunity for a Portfolio Planning Manager to work on the planning and interdependencies of multiple global and overlapping projects in this new role for this highly impressive company based in the West End of London.
In this role you will drive the portfolio-wide project planning process (the portfolio runs c10 projects for a total budget of $20M). You will take ownership of the integrated planning for the whole portfolio: maintaining and validating accurate and up-to-date project delivery timelines through input from the individual project plans; ensuring and overseeing the identification and monitoring of the interdependencies, risks and issues and actively driving their management and resolution with the individual project teams. As the Portfolio Planning and Interdependencies Manager you will provide a key connection between the Project Managers and Portfolio Management team to ensure there is ownership for information on the integrated plan and clear accountability for delivery against the plan.
Other duties include ensuring that resource estimates are in place to deliver the agreed plans and create a consolidated view of the total demand for resources. You will work with IT to provide an overall view of demand and ensure that resources can be allocated at the right time for project delivery. Define and oversee robust and structured change control procedures for all initiatives that impact portfolio planning. Provide visibility to the leadership team of the portfolio's status, risks and issues and plans.
Key areas of accountability include Portfolio Management, Risk and Issue Management, Capacity Management and Change Scope Control.
The successful person will have the following skills and experience:
• Multi-million portfolio and/or in project/programme management of high value, big impact, complex projects/programmes, within an international environment
• Managing/enabling IT projects to be delivered on time, on budget and to quality
• Project management practices, standards and methodologies.
• Active use of portfolio management tools.
• Building detailed content knowledge and using this to influence planning activities and decisions.
• Strong leadership skills, including using assertiveness and persuasion to influence senior leaders
• Able to demonstrate instances of initiative that have delivered organisational benefits
• Excellent communication skills (written & oral English), including the ability to communicate and present to senior stakeholders (including at executive level).
• Able to build strong relationships within the organisation and influence others.
• Experienced in analysing and extracting top level information to be shared with senior stakeholders.
• Consultancy experience is highly desirable
In return you will be rewarded with a good salary and an exceptional benefits package including 30 days holiday (plus bank hols), generous pension with employer contributions from 5.5% to 13.5%, season ticket loan, cycle loan, child care vouchers and eye tests.
You will get the satisfaction of giving something back by working for an immensely positive organisation that is truly doing so much good. Based in the west end their offices are in a great location with easy access to Leicester Square, Piccadilly and Charing Cross stations.
If this role is of interest, please send your CV immediately!
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.