Our Aerospace Technical Services Sector is now seeking to recruit multiple Engineers to support upcoming programmes of work. The Modelling and Simulation Engineers will work within a team responsible for producing a system models for the flight control and landing gear control systems for a new aircraft development and aircraft modification programmes. The work involves continued development of the system models, together with the integration of the models in a test platform, and carrying our model analysis to further assist the system design.
The ideal candidates will be educated to degree level or equivalent in a related discipline (preferably Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Mathematics) and must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of fundamental modelling principles of systems. The candidate must have relevant industrial experience within the aerospace sector and must have a good knowledge of engineering analysis and simulation tools, particularly Matlab/Simulink. The successful candidates will have strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to work independently and within teams of engineers.
• • Interact with internal and external customers on a technical level.
• • Deliver engineering solutions at a consistently high standard (self-checking results), within a given budget.
• • Preparation, presentation of technical reports and proposals. Provide technical direction within the delegated area of responsibility.
• • Maintain the project documentation in line with the quality plan.
• • Ensure given tasks achieve their full objectives.
• • Manage multiple tasks and deliver within agreed timescales and budgets.
• • Interact with other engineers on a technical and project level.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• • A relevant engineering degree or equivalent
• • A competent user of Matlab/Simulink.
• • A proven ability to derive mathematical models of physical systems from fundamental engineering principles.
• • Experience modelling hydro-mechanical and/or electro-mechanical systems
• • Ability to reverse engineer models from a defined architecture.
• • Development of models in line with updates to specification.
• • Development of test specifications and their implementation in code.
• • Experience of working within a configuration controlled development team (The use of GIT would be an advantage)
• • Report writing and presentation skills.
• • Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
• • Experience of model validation against a test specimen.
• • An appreciation (academic or industry) or interest of flight dynamics and aircraft loads would be beneficial for specific roles but is not applicable to all roles.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.