Python Developer (backend engineer)
Are you an immediately available Python Developer looking for an excellent contract role with a pioneering and highly prestigious online company? My Client is looking for a Backend Python Engineer with for a minimum 3 month contract based out of either their Edinburgh or Glasgow office.
In this role you will work with a full stack team who are mainly focused on native application development. As a Python Software Engineer you will provide the API and backend capabilities necessary for those applications to hook into a number of sources. This will be a mix of in-depth, complex engineering tasks as well as quick-fire UI/UX improvements to the product suite
The successful backend Python Engineer will have the following skills and experience:
• Back-end software engineering with Python
• Ability to write correct and clean code while following stated best practices
• Problem solving nature
• Exceptional communication skills
• Good experience of Agile
Desirable skills include:
• Distributed systems and microservices
• Java & GraphQL
• Event-driven architecture, queuing services
• Building consumer/social web products or games
• Applying REST principles and design in a fast-moving, production environment
• Linux systems administration, including basic scripting
• Building scalable, concurrent, high-availability systems
• Designing and interacting with large transactional relational databases
• Continuous deployment environment, with source control and managed releases
On offer is a good day rate and some exciting projects to get involved in. If you are interested please apply ASAP!
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.