Due to an increase in volume of work from new contracts and supporting continued growth, We are looking for talented Systems Engineers with proven industry experience and a detailed understanding of aircraft landing gear systems and equipment to join our team.
A solid knowledge of aircraft hydraulic systems (ATA 29), landing gear systems (ATA 32) and the ARP4754A systems design process will be key to the success of this role as will a considered client facing attitude to performing the work.
Our projects cover both fixed wing and rotary wing aircraft for UK and internationally based customers. The role is based in our Clifton office and will also require international travel deployments to our customer sites.
The key accountabilities for the role are varied and will include:
• Supporting our clients in the completion of landing gear system and equipment design, development and certification.
• Supporting system and equipment level modifications.
• Working to resolve in service issues.
• Preparation and/or checking of documentation for the equipment/system design process.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Candidates should be able to demonstrate specific experience in one or more of the following areas:
• New equipment/system design and development for civil aircraft programmes
• Fixed wing aircraft equipment/system design and development
• ATA 32 landing gear
• ATA 29 hydraulic power
• Systems design process (ARP4754A)
• Braking and steering control systems and equipment
• Extension and retraction system and equipment
• Landing gear structures
General skills and experience must include:
• Familiarity with typical electro-mechanical / hydro-mechanical components used in landing gear systems and structures.
• Experience working to CS-23/-25 requirements.
• Awareness of industry requirements / specifications such as DO160, RTCA, SAE, ARINC, etc.
• Knowledge of ARP4754 - Guidelines for Development of Civil Aircraft and Systems
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook etc.
Familiarity with tools such as; CATIA, ADAMS, DOORS would be advantageous but not essential.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.