The successful candidate will join our Systems Safety Team and will play a key role in projects covering the design and development of aircraft and aircraft systems such as:
• • hydraulics
• • avionics & electrical
• • fuel
• • landing gear
• • flight control
• • minor or major aircraft structural modifications
• • electro-mechanical actuation systems
The ideal candidate will have proven professional experience from relevant industry sectors. An existing background in systems safety is preferred, however, systems engineers with a clear desire to move into the safety arena will also be considered.
The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to work independently or within teams of engineers. For certain roles, the opportunity exists for overseas deployment (a mix of UK and international travel or longer term on-site deployment).
• • Providing safety support and guidance to the project teams and directly to customers.
• • Production of system safety documentation.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
A hands-on, safety engineer with a background in an aircraft systems environment; preferably degree qualified in a related discipline or relevant industrial experience.
It is expected that the applicant will be able to demonstrate experience relating to a number of the following:
• • FHA (Failure Hazard Analysis)
• • PSSA/SSA (Preliminary/System Safety Assessment) including Fault Tree Analysis
• • PRA (Particular Risk Assessment)
• • FMEA (Failure Mode & Effect Analysis)
• • CMA (Common Mode Analysis)
• • Aircraft systems integration
• • Systems engineering principles (Validation & Verification)
• • Working in accordance with ARP4754/4761
• • Knowledge of Certification Specifications e.g. FAR Part 25 / CS 25
• • Use or knowledge of Fault Tree software
• • Familiar with reliability databases, e.g. NPRD, EPRD,
Ability to produce coherent and concise technical documentation is essential.
Ability to gain security clearance to SC level is highly desirable.
Exposure to the following areas would be beneficial:
• • Design of new systems from concept through to production.
• • Landing gear systems.
• • Fuel systems.
• • Hydraulic Systems
• • Flight control systems.
• • Aircraft engines.
• • Zonal analysis
• • Requirements derivation and management using DOORS.
• • Background within the aerospace, defence or automotive domains
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.