The People Network are currently seeking a Lead Verification and Validation Engineer from a systems or software background to work with a well-established aerospace company based in Bristol.
The successful candidate will be involved in the full project lifecycle from assisting with bids for new and continuing work to working with the development teams in delivering existing long-term programmes of work. Specifically, the role involves the planning, monitoring and control of Verification and Validation activities across Aerospace and Marine business units.
We are looking for someone who will bring a wealth of experience in V&V from the highly regulated industries of defence, aerospace, rail or automotive. If you have practical experience of DO-178B/C, IEC61508, CENELEC EN 50128 or IEC 62279 we will be interested!
• Specific Software/Systems V&V experience within defence, aerospace, rail or automotive engineer.
• Experienced stakeholder manager, able to lead project reviews and generate effective reporting
• Degree qualified in a science, technology, engineering, mathematical or related discipline
• Wide experience of establishing test environment and tool-chains unit, host and target testing
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Project and MS Excel
• Competent user of Microsoft office suite; including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Line management experience (of at least one other)
• Knowledge of DO-178B/C, IEC61508, CENELEC EN 50128 or IEC 62279
• Experience of LDRA, PC Lint, Polyspace, Bullseye and GCC
• Exposure to embedded operating systems such as VxWorks, LynxOS or QNX
• Expert knowledge of C and C++ languages
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.