The People Network are working with a global automotive company who are seeking a PCB Design Engineer to join a well-established and successful team.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate proven capability and experience in PCB design. The work will involve printed circuit boards for high-performance control used in innovative electric and hybrid powertrains for new-technology vehicle applications.
• Create, modify, and maintain Schematic designs from document modification requests;
• Create, modify, and maintain Altium Designer part libraries based on component datasheets and
• Design PCB Layouts to DFM guidelines;
• Liaise with the mechanical department to ensure PCB compatibility with enclosures and fixings;
• Design for EMI/EMC compliance;
• Work with PCB fabricators to resolve DFM or any other manufacturing related issues; • Create PCB design package including Gerber, Fabrication drawings, Assembly drawings and other design files for PCB fabrication and PCB assembly;
• Technical documentation & authoring;
• HNC (or higher) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering;
• Proven experience in PCB design;
• Experience with Altium Designer R15 or Zuken CR-5000/CR-8000;
• Experience with high voltage systems;
• High speed, high density and multi-layer PCB design experience;
• Designing for high reliability applications;
• Good written and verbal communication skills;
• Proficiency with standard office tools: Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc;
• A team player with the additional ability to work alone unsupervised;
• Highly-motivated and capable of working on concurrent activities;
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.