Software Development Manager – Cloud IT Solutions Consultancy
Software Development Manager required to take up leadership role at leading cloud solutions consultancy.
This rapidly expanding and evolving business has a number of growing specialist practices that work with major customers throughout the UK to integrate and leverage technology and cloud-based services. As well an being an AWS Premier Partner they also partner closely with Azure and Google and aim to offer innovative solutions that will help to transform customers businesses and operations.
The company is working on some really interesting customer engagements and your talented development team will be building solutions for different projects meaning their work will be hugely varied. Therefore they need a passionate and driven Development Manager to help drive standards, guide methodology and best practice whilst also being on hand to solve difficult technical problems and coach/mentor developers.
To be considered you will be a Software Development Manager with a good understanding of the problems and issues of highly concurrent systems and will be able to devise simple, clear and maintainable solutions to challenging problems. You should be able to succinctly highlight issues with existing architecture and code and organise its improvement and you will be comfortable engaging with the wider community of technical leads and developers, working together to promote great software design that is intentionally easy to support and maintain.
• Strong Core Java knowledge
• Familiarity with Agile, Cloud solutions and DevOps a significant advantage
• Experience working with RDBMSes (MySQL is most relevant)
• Experience with reliable message-passing distributed systems
• Use and understanding of Git for source control, and build Tools (typically Maven)
• Ability to confidently communicate complex technical information to colleagues
• Experience developing HTTP-based services
• Familiarity with modern front-end web development
• Bash and/or Python scripting skills
• Experience with authorisation and single-sign-on protocols e.g. OAuth, SAML, OIDC
• Experience with Cloud/IaaS/PaaS providers (AWS is most relevant but Azure and Google Cloud are also valuable)
• Experience with Application containers (Apache Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic, Fuse, SpringBoot)
This role can be based in either Reading or London and there will be occasional visits to the Ipswich office where some of the development team are still based. Flexibility on travel will therefore be required. In return, an excellent salary of up to £80k-£85k + bonus and benefits is on offer.
If you are a Development Manager and want to lead a growing team on some fantastic cloud projects then apply now!
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.