We are currently seeking a Battery Engineer on a contract basis to provide in depth knowledge and guidance of vehicle HV battery (PHEV/BEV) systems across diverse vehicle projects. The main scope of the position will be development of the HV battery to support vehicle validation including the vehicle interface and interaction.
The ideal candidate will have experience with most of the below:
Degree-qualified in either Electronic or Electrical Engineering, Automotive or Systems;
• Proven experience in a similar role, working on HV vehicles (although onsite training will need to be completed);
• Understanding of vehicle HV battery technology including techniques used in the construction and limitations of assembly;
• An understanding of battery thermal, electrical & mechanical design limitations to be considered and functions within the battery SW to deal with this limitations;
• Understanding of cell monitoring and battery management system control
• Has an appreciation of the interaction of other vehicle systems on the battery e.g. HVAC, crash safety.
• Awareness of recyclability and ELV requirements with regards to HV batteries
• Ideally aware of UN Transport certification requirements which may need to be met;
• Understanding of the following specifications: ECE – R100, FMVSS305, ISO6469, ISO12405;
• Hands on experience of developing control algorithms for EV/HEV automotive applications, including electric motor controls;
• Knowledge or familiarity of, Software C-code, MATLAB, Simulink, Dspace, CAN and flexray communication protocols and toolchain;
• Experience of process from launch to production;
• Dynamic and proactive self-starter able to work with minimum of supervision;
• Flexible (able to work extra hours and to travel abroad as and when required);
• Strong influencing skills and communication, with a commitment to building positive relationships with other functions, and Group as an outward facing expert
• Working with high voltage systems;
• Good organisational skills
• Commercial awareness, ability to identify the bigger picture.
• Good test and analysis skills;
• Good written and verbal communication skills;
• Proficiency in German language would be an advantage;
• A team player with the additional ability to work alone unsupervised;
• Highly-motivated and capable of working on concurrent activities.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.