We are currently on the search for a well established Functional Safety Engineer from an automotive background.
• Developing and promoting the Company product safety strategy and functional safety policy;
• Development of internal processes aligned to ISO26262 and providing guidance relating to the implementation of the relevant standard to all departments;
• Leading group hazard analysis activities using techniques such as HAZOP and Hazard Checklists as well as perform HARAs in alignment with ISO26262;
• Prepare and moderate dFMEA and FTA activities;
• Support design engineering teams to assure ISO26262 compliance;
• Product Safety Architecture, including Functional Safety Requirements and Technical Safety Requirements;
• Validation activities required to confirm correct implementation of Functional Safety Requirements;
• Performing internal audits to assure the delivery of ISO26262;
• Compilation and presentation of Safety Case and Safety Release documentation;
• Holding safety reviews, both with customers and internally;
• Understand and comply with company and customer confidentiality agreements and maintain the security of company and customer property;
• Depending on the needs of business, the role could require undertaking some system engineering tasks.
• Degree-qualified in a relevant science or Engineering disciplines;
• Proven experience in a similar role within a research and/or development environment;
• An understanding of modern automotive systems and common automotive practices;
• Experience in model based systems engineering methods and tools (e.g. PREEvision, Rhapsody etc.);
• Experience of requirements analysis and management, preferably using dedicated requirements management tools (e.g. DOORS, Cradle, MKS);
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.