Linux Systems Admin, Newbury
Highly impressive market leader based in Newbury is looking for a Linux Systems Administrator to help support both internal and production IT infrastructures for their software as a service platform and products.
The successful Systems Administrator will have the following skills and experience:
• Good experience of administering Linux systems
• Enterprise Linux distributions (Red Hat or equivalent)
• Network setup, layers, routing, configuration and facilities (DNS, DHCP, NTP, iptables, etc.)
• Linux security such as SELinux, LDAP, NSS, PAM etc.
• Scripting such as bash, Python, Perl etc.
• Configuration and maintenance of common Linux applications such as Apache, MySQL, PostgreSQL, NFS, DHCP, BIND, SSH, and SNMP.
• Provisioning Linux servers, IP Networking, and software deployments.
• Anti-virus and firewall products, principles of computer security and encryption technologies with experience in identifying, removing, and protecting against spyware/virus infection.
• Virtualisation technologies such as KVM, QEMU, virsh etc
• Managing wired and wireless networks.
You will possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have a passion to further develop your skills and career with this highly exciting and innovative Newbury based company.
In return you will be rewarded with a good basic of up to £45k, pension, life cover and a great working environment and the opportunity to work with and learn from some talented people!
This is a superb opportunity for an amazing company. If this role is of interest please apply ASAP!
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.