Release Engineer (Cloud, .Net, Open Source, Agile) |£50,000-£90,000 | London, UK
One of the UK's most highly regarded software development consultancy firms are seeking an experienced Platform Engineer to join their delivery team working on projects for some of the biggest brands in the UK.
Our client is looking for Release Engineer with ideally a technical background and strong understanding of infrastructure as a code and pipeline as a code. You will have exposure to working with software development, technical architecture and related technically focused teams as well as key business stakeholders. The release engineer will utilise there skills in automation, configuration management, scripting and virtualisation help create game changing solutions for there clients. It is essential that you have a strong tech background and full understanding of both Agile and DevOps principles. The Release Engineer role is also a highly client focused and facing role and requires the ability to both present to key stakeholders and communicate effectively in highly pressurised and fast-moving environments.
In order to be considered for the Release Engineer role you will have:
• Experience of working on complex software / technology focused projects
• Experience working with either Windows or Linux operating systems
• Experience working with Cloud based technologies -AWS or/and Azure
• Experience working closely with architecture design, development and testing teams
• Experience with container Management technologies (Puppet, Ansible, Chief or Docker)
• Experience with Container Platforms such as Rancher, Kubernetese or Docker Swarm.
• Experienced hands on scripting skills (Python, Bash, Ruby, Powershell etc.)
• Client facing experience or wider consultancy experience would be highly beneficial
• Strong experience working in an Agile environment
• First class communication and problem solving skills
This is a great opportunity for an experienced DevOps or Release Consultant to join a highly respected consultancy in a period of significant growth. You will work on highly innovative and demanding projects and while taking a key lead role, have the ability to grow and develop quickly. The company are growing substantially in the midlands therefore the opportunity for progression is real and expected to be quick.
For more information and immediate interviews please send your CV
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.