Portfolio Planning and Resource Manager
Do you have experience of planning and resource management of a complex, high value portfolio or programme within an international environment?
We are working with an exceptional organisation who are at an early stage of a large scale transformation and as such, are looking for a Portfolio Planning and Resource Manager to drive the portfolio-wide planning process.
In this role you will take ownership of the integrated planning for the portfolio: maintaining and validating accurate and up-to-date project delivery timelines through input from the individual project plans; ensuring and overseeing the identification and monitoring of the dependencies, risks and issues and actively driving their management and resolution with the individual project teams.
Other duties include providing a key connection between the Project Managers and Portfolio Management team to ensure there is ownership for information on the integrated plan and clear accountability for delivery against the plan. Working with PMO colleagues to define and embed planning standards. Ensure that resource estimates are in place to deliver the agreed plans and create a consolidated view of the total demand for resources. Work with IT to provide an overall view of demand and ensure that resources can be allocated at the right time for project delivery. Providing visibility to the Head of Portfolio Management and Reporting of the portfolio's delivery status, risks and issues and plans. Working with the wider PMO team to embed key controls, including change control.
Key skills and experience needed include:
• Prior planning and resource management of a complex, high value portfolio or programme within an international environment
• Project management practices, standards and methodologies.
• Defining and embedding standards and best practices, including coaching and capability development.
• Active use of portfolio management tools, such as Project Online.
• Building detailed content knowledge and using this to influence planning activities and decisions.
• Analysing and extracting top level information to be shared with senior stakeholders.
• Able to build strong relationships within the organisation and influence others.
• Excellent communication skills (written & oral English), including the ability to communicate and present to senior stakeholders (including at executive level).
• P30 or MoP qualification or equivalent is highly desirable but not essential.
In return you will be rewarded with up to £55k plus a superb benefits package. This is an excellent opportunity to join a hugely positive organisation who have a presence in over 100 countries, where the work you contribute impacts people on a larger scale.
Located in the West End with an exceptional working environment and strong benefits package.
If this role is of interest please send your CV ASAP!
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.