The successful candidate must have experience of developing products on an embedded Linux platform and ideally from a Video processing background.
• Architecting and development of embedded systems, software and drivers to configure and control video processing products.
• Lead a small but growing software team to evaluate and implement new features and system requirements.
• Design, implement and test reusable and efficient software components for low resource embedded platforms.
• Imaginatively tackle sometimes loosely defined problems.
• Support HW team with verification tasks.
• Assisting R&D Manager with project reporting, tracking and team management
Required Experience and Qualifications:
• Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
• 8+ years of Software Engineering experience.
• Experience of system planning and architecting.
• Excellent OOP skills for planning and implemention.
• Excellent coding skills in C++, C.
• Scripting experience especially Bash-script and Python.
• Experience of working on Linux in an embedded system with recent knowledge of Yocto Project plus uBoot on ARM (preferably i.MX6) a big advantage.
• Hardware level debug skills and an ability to read schematics.
• Low-level device drivers experience for interfacing with hardware I/O and processing chips over PCIe, I2C and SPI.
• Knowledge and understanding of raw video timing standards.
• We need a good Team player with the ability to work within a multi-cultural, inter-disciplinary team.
• Web server configuration, ideally LightTPD.
• Can use control interfaces to manage and configure remote units (TCP/IP, RS232).
• FPGA + HDL skills.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.