Data Engineer (Hadoop / Spark)
Award winning bespoke technology consulting firm based in London are seeking multiple Data Engineers with a passion for Data and skills in Java/Scala and/or Hadoop/Spark to join their team working on a major cutting edge projects.
As a Data Engineer you will help build data-centric for their customers, applying engineering discipline to ensure high quality. This isn't a backroom role, and you can expect to spend time discussing design approaches and requirements with your colleagues and customers in addition to being engaged in development activities. You'll be comfortable picking up new technologies as and when the need arises.
Key duties include:
• Design, development and operation of data pipelines within a multidisciplinary agile team.
• Analysis of requirements in order to understand the design options.
• Understand and communicate the pros and cons of different technologies and approaches.
• Collaborate with architects and operations engineers to propose and deploy cloud or on-premises infrastructure.
The successful Data Engineer's will have the a good mix (but not all) of the following experience and skills:
• Varied types of data: tabular, graph, time-series, geospatial, image, etc.
• Practical knowledge of:
o Different types of database – relational; document; graph; columnar; key-value.
o Large scale data processing platforms, typically based on Hadoop / Spark.
o Business intelligence / analytics products or frameworks
o Data visualisation frameworks
• Systems deployment and configuration for cloud platforms, including selection of relevant PaaS / SaaS offerings.
• Data integration technologies and distributed computing & information security
• Ability to write good quality code in a JVM language like Java or Scala, incorporating disciplines such as Test Driven Development and structured version control; familiarity with Python a bonus.
Personally you will be highly motivated, delivery focused and have a real passion for understanding not just how but why things are done. You must be comfortable dealing directly with clients and will have the ability to build relationships as a trusted adviser.
In return you will be rewarded with a very generous package, up to £80k basic, bonus (10% last year), generous pension and holidays, BUPA Healthcare and Dental plus multiple other benefits including fully paid weekends away, family days etc.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the fastest growing and recognizable names in technology. You will have the chance to work on innovative and challenging projects while also being able to develop your skills and progress your career quickly. Currently they are running some of the most exciting projects in the country with operation across multiple sectors including, digital, FS, Government, Insurance, retail and more.
If this is of interest please send your CV ASAP.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.