Data Architect (Hadoop/Spark), up to £100k
Award winning bespoke technology consulting firm based in London are seeking multiple Data Architects with experience of working through the full project lifecycle on numerous occasions whilst also being up to speed with contemporary data architectures based on open source technologies.
As a Data Architect you will take overall responsibility for the design and quality of data-centric solutions delivered to their customers. You will be involved in the detail, and you can expect to work closely with the engineering team. You're also likely to become a ‘go-to' authority within the company when it comes to data solutions, keeping up to date with industry developments and using your experience to assess the risk profiles of new projects.
You will have a broad responsibility for coordinating, leading and delivering solutions, this will include -
• Architectural design for new systems, primarily focused on data flow pipelines, storage and analytics.
• Analysis of business problems to understand system requirements, including quality attributes such as performance, availability and security.
• Undertaking information assurance where required.
• Engagement of technical and non-technical customer stakeholders at various levels in the organisation, advising and managing expectations where required.
• Technology evaluation / assessment; identifying & recommending platforms and services.
• Technical leadership of engineering teams, including mentoring where needed.
• Representing the company in public forums.
• Be instrumental in helping to build an Architecture function and work alongside a strong team of Data Scientists, Analysts and Data Engineers.
The successful Data Architect's will have the a good mix (but not all) of the following experience and skills:
• Strong written, diagrammatic and spoken communication; ability to present to senior stakeholders.
• Experience with varied types of data: tabular, connected, time-series, geospatial, image, etc.
• Practical knowledge of:
o Different types of database – relational; document; graph; columnar; key-value.
o Large scale data processing platforms, typically based on Hadoop / Spark
o Business intelligence / analytics products or frameworks
o Data visualisation frameworks
o Data analysis and data modelling requirements
• Experience working with cloud platforms and working with relevant PaaS / SaaS offerings.
• Knowledge of data integration technologies.
• Knowledge of distributed computing & information security.
• Programming experience in languages such as Java or Python is a bonus.
• While you may not have an exclusively agile background, you strive to work to these principles.
In return you will be rewarded with a very generous package, including competitive basic, bonus (10% last year), generous pension and holidays, BUPA Healthcare and Dental plus multiple other benefits including fully paid weekends away, family days etc.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the fastest growing and recognizable names in technology. You will have the chance to work on innovative and challenging projects while also being able to develop your skills and progress your career quickly. Currently they are running some of the most exciting projects in the country with operation across multiple sectors including, digital, FS, Government, Insurance, retail and more.
If this is of interest please send your CV ASAP.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.