This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced DevOps Engineer to work closely with the development team, on a real-time (faster) payments processing engine - Instant Payments Framework (IPF) for major financial services providers globally.
Successful candidates will have proven experience working effectively within highly collaborative agile development teams. They should see themselves as an advocate for quality and should be able to demonstrate a passion for engineering effective solutions to complex challenges. The candidate needs automation experience and the ability to logically construct and implement quality management processes. We are looking for self-starters, who can readily take ownership and continually strive to innovate.
• System administration – Strong knowledge in Linux systems and performance metrics
• Good understanding of global infrastructure, firewalls, networking, security and DMZ's, proxy's etc.
• Networks: Good understanding of network principles and practical knowledge of load balancing technologies, like F5 Big-IP
• Monitoring – Experience in managing monitoring tools e.g. Prometheus
• Automation – Implementation Experience to release and or server automation tools such as Ansible, Terraform and groovy
• Knowledge of programming and scripting methodologies and demonstrate proficiency in writing code in one or more of the following languages; Python, Ansible (preferred), bash
• Data – Experience into Log indexing product such as Splunk and Elastic Search
• Experience of queueing technologies such as IBM MQ, Kafka, ArtemisMQ
• Experience and good knowledge of large scaled containerisation and orchestration tools such as kubernetes / docker / rancher and container persistent storage volumes etc.
• Analytical skills - Ability to analyse data surrounding incidents to a fine level, investigate dependencies and evaluate possible areas for improvement, and actions with a view to automate resolution
• Ability to liaise with developers, team members and customers at the appropriate level
• Maintain standards to ensure consistency across applications and server estate
Desirable IT Skills
• Test tools and harnesses – practical experience of testing tools like Jmeter and ZAP
• Databases – exposure to or skills in MongoDB and other noSQL technologies.
• Bitbucket / Nexus / GIT
• Experience in configuring and maintaining Java based build pipelines, such as CI/CD using maven
• Understanding of application lifecycle and Agile methodology
• Good tasks management, prioritisation, risk management
• Appreciation of production processes, including change and release management
• Good incident and problem management skills, with knowledge of ITIL beneficial
• Experience of the AKKA framework
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.