The role sits at the heart of the companies Payments Business. We're looking for drive, experience, creativity and the right attitude to be part of a team focused on growing Icon to the next level.
Payments architects are part of the companies Payments Centre of Excellence and work predominately onsite with clients to help them achieve their business aims by providing domain, architectural, and delivery expertise. The Payment Principal role may come from different backgrounds, with experience gained at a financial institution, a consultancy or a dedicated fintech – preferably mixed.
Regardless of background, a Payments Principle defining skills have founding in deep expertise and experience in the Payments domain, the ability to define the client's Business/IT strategy, articulate a Payment Target Operating Model and manage the engagement team that takes ownership for definition and delivery of the Payments Architecture that underpins our client's solutions.
• Consulting or Advisory engagements, working directly with clients to support the development of payments strategies, roadmaps, business cases and transformation programmes
• Translating the business strategy into clear requirements for a clients' Payments Transformation
• Conducting reviews of existing transformation programs and legacy payments ecosystems, and communicating the findings of the review back to stakeholders
• Providing guidance to projects and programmes and helping them deliver Payment solutions that conform to company and industry standards and best practices
• Representing us professionally in customer engagements, using excellent inter-personal skills to develop and realise further opportunities for the company
• Communicating to stakeholders representing business, change and technology at up to "C" level using excellent written and verbal skills
• Engaging with software and service suppliers, regulators and industry bodies for the client.
• Maintaining industry knowledge in Payments and interpreting impacts to both us and its clients in the form of new collateral or service offerings
• Manage, Coach or Mentor junior staff, enabling them to develop their payments knowledge and solution skills
• Experience can come from a number of backgrounds:
o Sr Payments Architect at a Financial Institution defining the Roadmap & Target Architecture
o Managing Consultant at the Payments Practise of a leading Consultancy
o Managing PreSales Consultancy or Sr Product Management for an established Fintech in the Payments Domain
• A detailed knowledge of the Payments Value Chain, able to articulate the functional and technical differences between: Initiation, Order Management, Execution and Clearing & Settlement
• Experience in developing & offering new payment instruments (e.g. Ripple, Alipay)
• The ability to communicate efficiently upwards (to business), downwards (to IT teams) and laterally (to peers, vendors, and client side staff) with particular emphasis on presenting Target and Interim Payment Solutions to a range of stakeholders in the business and technical communities (up to and including CxO level)
• Familiarity with technology concepts, roles, and terminology, and the ability to work closely with a wide range of professionals (product managers, architects, dev leads etc)
• The ability to serve as a credible and active participant in architecture groups, steering committees, and forums
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.