Java Architect, £75k - £95k + bonus, London
Award winning bespoke technology consulting firm based in London are keen to hire a Java Technical Architect to join their team working on a major cutting edge projects.
As a client facing Technical Architect you will manage client expectations throughout the project lifecycle from initiation through to delivery. You will spend approx. half your time writing code, often in groups or pairs whilst also leading teams of developers, testers, ops through the full lifecycle of development. You will act as a trusted advisor to clients, providing pragmatic solutions to real world problems. You will design, develop and deliver solution concepts with customer Solutions Architects and get involved in pre-sales activities such as delivering presentations, demonstrating the potential of technology and simplification of technical documents.
The successful Java Technical Architect will have a variety of skills and experience however the following is essential:
• Experience taking ultimate responsibility for designing and delivering one or more large scale solutions, understanding the various cross-cutting concerns such as security, performance and quality.
• Organised and led a team of at least three others. Experience of running multiple teams concurrently is highly desirable.
• Experience architecting solutions, including creating architectural artefacts, such as high-level designs, disaster recovery plans and support documentation.
• A rigorous understanding of automated testing, including Outside-In BDD and TDD.
• Working knowledge of multiple storage technologies such as SQL and No-SQL.
• Understanding of Cloud computing and virtualisation.
Personally you will be highly motivated, delivery focused and have a real passion for understanding not just how but why things are done. You must be comfortable dealing directly with clients and will have the ability to build relationships as a trusted adviser.
In return you will be rewarded with a very generous package, up to £95k basic, bonus (10% last year), generous pension and holidays, BUPA Healthcare and Dental plus multiple other benefits including fully paid weekends away, family days etc.
You will have the chance to work on innovative and challenging projects while also being able to develop your skills and progress your career quickly.
If this is of interest please send your CV ASAP.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.