The People Network are currently recruiting for a Lead Embedded Software Engineer within Battery Management Systems.
Role specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Embedded Software Technical Specialist for BMS initiative, integral in developing next generation BMS technology to meet the needs of safety and efficiency of high voltage batteries for automotive, industrial and ESS applications
• Leading software architecture, requirements, creating software design and supporting software acceptance testing, implementing in C
• Providing strategic technical input and direction to the development and management team
• Working within a global cross functional team to lead and deliver software related activities across multiple project workstreams
• Perform complex analysis requiring independent problem solving and decision making, requiring strong software technical competency
• Providing innovative ideas and developing strategies for meeting the project needs
• Demonstrating excellent team working and communication skills, mentoring and leading the software developers within the project to deliver for the program objectives
• Driving continuous process improvements resulting enabling delivery of new products and methods of working
• Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering or Electrical / Electronic Engineering related discipline (Masters preferred)
• Minimum of 10 years in relevant industries in an embedded software design role and leading embedded software design projects
• Track record of innovative technology development and product development
• Proven track record of advanced embedded C language skills, knowledge of microcontrollers and peripherals, low level device drivers and of communications protocols such as CAN, Flexray, SPI, I2C.
• Experience of designing and delivering functional safety and/or cybersecurity technologies/products
• Experience with over the air communications would be an advantage
• Experience of designing and developing high voltage battery systems including BMS responsibility
• Excellent understanding and experience of software development processes, like Agile or v-model, skilled in the use of source control tools such as SubVersion/GIT and be familiar with the full product development lifecycle.
• Advanced working knowledge of RTOS's, hardware peripherals and hardware interfaces, the implementation of algorithms and/or communication stacks on embedded targets, familiar with scripting languages.
• Experience with MISRA C and static analysis
• Experience of test driven development
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.