We’re currently recruiting for a systems administrator for our client in Rotterdam, Netherlands.
They are one of the largest technological companies in the Netherlands specialising in data protection and performance.
Daily duties will include but not be restricted to:
- Provide system administration and server support in a Linux Operating system, mainly Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Optionally IBM AIX and Oracle Solaris.
Build, configure and deploy IT infrastructure for internal Development team and automate where possible (Ansible).
- Maintain and support DevOps specific IT needs as new projects arise and/or change.
Responsible to maintain the environment ensuring continued stability, security and compliance with IT platform services infrastructure standards, policies and processes.
- Provide maintenance and support for source control systems including Git.
Provide maintenance and support for automated build street including Jenkins, Nexus, Jira and Hipchat.
Utilize VMWare ESX virtualization environment for deploy and run Linux virtual machines. - Maintain excellent documentation of IT related manual and automated tasks and environment.
- Interface with corporate IT to leverage resources and serve as IT proxy for Engineering needs.
- Foster Engineering IT growth and development by identifying IT infrastructure improvements and following through with implementations.
- Prioritization of tasks will be identified and assigned by Engineering department specific managers.
- Support Engineering in expansion to SaaS deployments of the company products in private and public clouds based on Docker for the purpose of development, testing and production.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot hardware/software and client/server applications in a Linux OS environment
- 8+ years administering and supporting linux/unix systems in enterprise environment.
- Good knowledge in automation, preferably with Ansible.
- Experience supporting Virtual Infrastructure Environments
- Define and maintain services using Kubernetes, Docker and knowledge on Jenkins,
- Exposure on Red hat JBoss, IBM WebSphere and Apache Tomcat application platforms.
- Exposure on Oracle, DB2, PostgreSQL and MySQL database platforms.
- Exposure on Microsoft Windows Active Directory, Quest VAS and Exceed-On-Demand.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.