The People Network are current seeking a Lead Systems Engineer to join our client within Swindon.
This role is purely within Battery Management Systems for Hybrid Electric Vehicles.
• Taking the system engineering responsibility of a global team developing next generation BMS technology to meet the needs of safety and efficiency of high voltage batteries for automotive, industrial and ESS applications.
• Lead systems engineering process for BMS product development, including requirement engineering, architecture definition, system design, analysis and validation.
• Understanding customer technical requirements and expectations and developing/driving BMS system solutions from concept to launch.
• Lead communications and discussions with customers regarding BMS to assist marketing and business development.
• Lead and drive system development process to meet the requirements of ISO 26262, ASPICE and CMMI.
• Strong collaboration skills that facilitate effective communication with Systems, Software, and Hardware engineers, in order to make sound engineering decisions.
• Exceptional communication skills. Must be able to communicate technical issues, risks, and status in both written and oral form.
• Engineering degree required, preferably a master's or a doctorate degree.
• Minimum of 10 years in relevant industries and leading engineering projects, with 5 years experience of battery management product design, experience with technology development and product development.
• Experience with systems modelling, simulation and validation environment such as MIL, SIL and HIL.
• Experience with system analysis tools such as Fault Tree, FMEA, and FMEDA.
• Knowledge of System Development Process
• Functional safety and Cybersecurity skills
• Knowledge of high voltage battery system and BMS
• Previous experience in a technical leadership or team management role.
• A key contributor to BMS technology and product development.
• Achieving results in support of business goals in a matrixed, team oriented, global environment; working with global cross-functional teams consisting of engineering, quality, marketing, sales, customer service and operations.
• Ensure the personal development of skills of your team through training and mentoring, conducting appraisals and providing opportunities for career progression.
• Developing wireless solutions to meet Automotive, Industrial and ESS needs.
• Lead the Company in keeping abreast of the latest processes, innovations and developments.
• Ensure solid and timely communication between your team and other parts of the business, both locally and globally.
• Demonstrate and promote values in behaviours and actions.
• Produce and promote the highest standard of work possible in accordance with the company's TS16949, OHSAS 18001, ISO14001, IIP, Sarbanes Oxley, Lean / 6s standards and any other standards that the company adheres to.
• Work as a member of a team helping to implement, carry out and drive compliance of all company working practices and Health, Safety and Environmental procedures.
• Comply with all Sarbox controls throughout the organisation and understand and meet the key controls that are directly related to your day to day functions.
• Develop, review, update, manage and ensure compliance with Sarbox documentation.
• Address and report all remediation action and co-operate with all Sarbox auditing activities.
• Carry out any other function necessary for the smooth running of the Department.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.