The People Network are currently seeking A Senior ASIC Test Engineer to develop and monitor appropriate Test solutions in conjunction with the Product Support Group and / or Designers to ensure product quality while maximising throughput and yields.
1. Provide technical leadership, training and general advice for Engineers within the department.
2. Be capable of referencing ASIC design documentation to create test specifications and schedules to ensure product quality.
3. Propose new and innovative test methods to reduce Cost of Test and carry out feasibility studies required for introduction and qualification of measurements, test tooling, equipment & programming.
4. Write and debug test programs in multiple coding formats for product measurement and test equipment utilised in high volume production, taking into account ATE specifications / limitations while maximising multisite testing possibilities.
5. In conjunction with Project managers, drive and co-ordinate the completion of the test development stage to full implementation of volume production.
6. Design, layout, manufacture and populate circuit boards and related mechanical / electrical hardware.
7. Identify appropriate ATE for all aspects ASIC testing from initial debugging to fully capable high volume multi-temperature requirements at both wafer and package level.
8. Provide documentation for project files in accordance with the Quality and HSE procedures & instructions in place.
9. In conjunction with ASIC Design Engineers provide evaluation / characterisation analysis.
10. Advise and support Test Maintenance Engineering when required.
11. Evaluate and report on customer returns in conjunction with Quality department and Failure analysis staff.
12. If required, be available for operation of Production Testing Equipment and manual testing of product / customer samples etc.
13. Be available for the interview process and selection of new team members.
1. Play a major technical role in the overall company/team/departmental strategy.
2. Keep abreast of the latest innovations and developments.
3. Ensure compliance at all times with company and statutory requirements.
4. Participate in the day-to-day activities of the team and work effectively as a team member to ensure continuous improvement.
5. Meet performance measures and Key Performance Indicators set for you and your team.
6. Communicate in a timely and effective manner with members of your team and other parts of the business.
7. Participate in training opportunities.
1. Demonstrate and promote Swindon's values in behaviours and actions.
2. Produce and promote the highest standard of work possible in accordance with the company's TS16949, OHSAS 18001, ISO14001, IIP, Sarbanes Oxley, Lean / 6s standards and any other standards that the company adheres to.
3. Work as a member of a team helping to implement, carry out and drive compliance of all company working practices and Health, Safety and Environmental procedures.
4. Comply with all Sarbox controls throughout the organisation and understand and meet the key controls that are directly related to your day to day functions
5. Develop, review, update, manage and ensure compliance with Sarbox documentation.
6. Address and report all remediation action and co-operate with all Sarbox auditing activities.
7. Carry out any other function necessary for the smooth running of the Department.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.