QA Automation Engineer – API Automation
Hugely successful technology company is going through a significant period of growth and is looking for an Automation Engineer with strong API Automation (REST and SOAP) and Java skills to join their growing teams.
As an Automation Engineer you will be responsible for automating the testing of web API and mobile projects in a micro-services architecture based on the requirements delivered from the business, ensuring that functionality of the system developed in-house is fully covered in the automation test suite to meet the high standards of quality expected by the business. You will work closely with the software development team and automate testing of the software produced by this team.
The successful Automation Engineer will have the following skills:
• API Automation (REST and SOAP), Selenium automation using Selenium WebDriver (Essential)
• JAVA and related libraries such as REST clients (Essential)
• Behaviour Driven Development frameworks (BDD) like Cucumber (Essential)
• Mock services, mocking, stubbing and service virtualization
• Testing Frameworks: Java, Junit, TestNG, C#, .Net, Nunit
• Building up/implementing page objects (POM/page factories), externally data driving tests, keyword driven set up of assertions/check points, developing core methods for re-usability and hybrid automation frameworks
• Build tools like Maven and managing automation projects using them and reporting tools like Sure-fire Test Runner
• Version Control Software and code repositories (BitBucket, TFS, GitHub, etc)
• Continuous Integration and associated tools (Jenkins, Hudson, Docker etc)
• Developing the automation scripts for end to end scenarios and maintaining the automation suites
• Code Review process and understanding of definition of done
• Agile environment and participating in sprint and scrum meetings
• Test Report production and support the other automation team members
• Good understanding of the testing documents and the test life cycle
In return you will be rewarded with up to £45k, good pension, optional benefits include ability to buy more holiday, healthcare and dental. You will have the chance to work on innovative and challenging projects while also being able to develop your skills and progress your career quickly.
If this is of interest please send your CV ASAP.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.