Supplier Quality Engineer – Swindon
Supplier Quality Engineer required on a permanent basis for a global organisation based in Swindon. As a Supplier Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining quality performance of supplier products and approving supplier activities for new products and engineering alterations. As a Supplier Quality Engineer, you can expect the following remuneration/benefits package:
• Basic salary of up to £40,000
• 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
• Pension Scheme (up to 7% contribution)
• Free lunch and drinks, EVERYDAY!
• Health Insurance
• Death in service
• Income Protection
• Free Parking
As a Supplier Quality Engineer, your day-to-day duties will consist of:
• Providing support during the supplier selection process (VDA 6.3 Audits)
• APQP, FMEA review and critique on supplier processes/products.
• Performing Run Rates at Supplier sites.
• Initialization of Safe Launch Processes at supplier sites.
• Ensuring that all product and process changes are controlled.
• Manage product non-conformances, using 8D.
• Work with suppliers to drive containment and corrective actions until resolved in development and production.
• Measures supplier performance, defining actions where suppliers are not meeting the quality expectation/targets.
To apply for the position of Supplier Quality Engineer, you must possess the following skills/experience:
• Bachelors degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
• 3 years' experience in a Quality Engineering position within Electronics.
• Strong technical communication skills for customer and vendor interactions.
• Working knowledge of core quality tools including 8D, 5Y, LEAN and Pareto Data Analysis.
• Analogue/Digital circuit design experience would be advantageous.
Interviews will be commencing shortly, if you meet the criteria for the Supplier Quality Engineer vacancy, please apply today!
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.