Application Support Engineer, Nottingham
Hugely successful technology company is going through a significant period of growth and is looking for an Application Support Engineer with strong troubleshooting skills in Windows OS, monitoring, web layer/services, middleware and SQL querying to join their growing teams.
As an Application Support Engineer you will have the ability to understand end-to-end service (Customer journey), a very good understand monitoring/alert tools, how they are deployed across the application components and how they are used to proactively protect customers. You will be open to learning about cloud technologies and a thirst for learning and aptitude to learning DevOps and an interest in coding
Key skills needed include:
• Experienced in Application Support
• Troubleshooting skills on Windows OS with the ability to analyse & interpret data via application monitoring
• Monitoring experience: This would be on System availability, performance & overall system health.
• Web layer/Services, Middleware & Customer requests.
• End-to-end service where application monitoring is concerned
• Team systems in AWS (Cloud platforms)
• Ability to work with monitoring tools. (New Relic or other similar tool)
• SQL Querying (ability to understand DB structures and interrogate/query/analyse SQL scripts),
• Implementation and configuration of monitoring and alerting tools, scripting i.e Bash/PowerShell
Desirable skills include:
• Java / .Net Development
• AWS/cloud experience
• Linux OS
• Release and Deployment
• DevOps understanding
• IaaS / Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Chef).
In return you will be rewarded with up to £35k, good pension, optional benefits include ability to buy more holiday, healthcare and dental. You will have the chance to work on innovative and challenging projects while also being able to develop your skills and progress your career quickly.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.