Cyber Security Engineer (Cloud - AWS)
This hugely successful global leader in data intelligence is going through a significant period of growth and is looking for someone with good experience of security engineering and AWS (or Google Cloud/Azure) to join their growing teams.
As a Cyber Security Engineer you will report to the Head of Technical Security, you will be responsible for working closely on their full suite of cyber security tools whether that will be configuring, optimizing or testing.
In addition you will help validate cloud services and applications are designed and implemented to the highest security standards. You will often liaise with other areas of the business such as infrastructure and product development in the discovery and addressing of security issues as well as reacting to new threats.
The successful Cyber Security Engineer will have the following skills:
• A combination of troubleshooting, technical, and communication skills, as well as the ability to handle a mix of disparate tasks
• Security engineering systems and controls, including, vulnerability management, web content filtering, intrusion prevention, SIEM, email security, DLP, IAM, O365 and AWS and Azure including the ability to construct custom signatures and investigate intercepted traffic/logs
• Security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, or application security.
• Secure engineering principles, privacy (DPA / GDPR) and compliance law and standards (OWASPISOISFNIST)
• ISO27001, ISO31000, PCI DSS; knowledge of other security standards and frameworks advantageous
• CISSP or other certifications at the discretion of the hiring manager such as CESG Certified Professional – IA Architect, AWS Security Engineer
• Managing security solutions (SIEM, IPS, DLP, CASB, EDR etc)
• Amazon Web Services (AWS) including VPC,, IAM, KMS, EC2, CloudTrail, AWS Inspector, Guard Duty and other AWS tools are an advantage
In return you will be rewarded with up to £65k, good pension, optional benefits include ability to buy more holiday, healthcare and dental. You will have the chance to work on innovative and challenging projects while also being able to develop your skills and progress your career quickly.
If this is of interest please send your CV ASAP.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.