This hugely successful leader in complete vehicle development and the optimisation of production facilities for the automotive industry is looking for an experienced Communications and Cyber Security engineer to join their expert team in Royal Lemmington Spa.
As a Cyber Security engineer you will primarily focussed on Automotive Cyber security and the cross-discipline approach to Vehicle Resilience (VR). You will be leading security innovations and developing Cyber resilience concepts using their suite of new security tools and methods. You will be writing functional and technical specifications for existing and next generation communication technologies such as 3G/4G/5G, Wi-Fi and V2X systems. This role will require you to work to a systems engineering approach as you advice their clients on specifying Security and Connectivity requirements including Over the Air (OTA) updates.
The successful Cyber Security Engineer will have the following skills:
• Experience working within a IT/Cyber Security function and having spent time handling IT/Cyber Security incidents and Security threat management
• Knowledge of vehicle electrical and electronics architecture
• Strong knowledge of vehicle Telematics and next generation communication technologies like V2X (ETSI-G5, DSRC, C-V2X, V2V, V2I)
• Familiarity with cyber-security engineering; identifying threat vectors and conducting threat analysis and risk assessment in conjunction with functional safety engineering team
• Familiarity with authentication, encryption techniques in a Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) environment
• Evidence of having worked at multiple stages of the V cycle using systems engineering approach
• Familiarity with AGILE/V model and be able to capture requirements, write technical specifications, integrate and test
• Experience of working with big data, setting up data servers including programming languages such as SQL, Python, Hadoop, Spark and other cloud technologies such as AWS; embedded programming knowledge would be beneficial
• Experience of working with change management tool such as JIRA, SVN, GIT; ALM and PLM knowledge would be highly beneficial..
• Any knowledge of regulations/standards (SAE/ISO), regulatory frameworks will be beneficial e.g. GDPR, SOTIF, ISO 26262/21448.
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and the opportunity to work on innovative and challenging projects while also being able to develop your skills and progress your career quickly.
This position is offering extremely fast paced progression and the future opportunity to work abroad.
If this is of interest please send your CV ASAP.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.