Principal Software Engineer – Buckingham
Do you want to work for an organisation with a family feel but has the backing of a corporate organisation?
As a the Principal Software Engineer you with be reporting to the Engineering Director, with the responsibility of managing and delivering the development of software applications ranging from standalone packages to full
integrated machine solutions for the core product range.
The benefits you will receive:
- A salary up to £70,000 (depending on experience)
- A 15% Bonus based on achievements of targets.
- Excellent pension scheme.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, which increases with service.
- Remote working.
- 13:30 finish on a Friday.
Key Accountabilities for the Principal Software Engineer:
- Develop concept software specifications for future products.
- Develop a wide range of software applications ranging from standalone packages to full integrated machine solutions.
- Enhance C# software knowledge into the business.
- Manage a team of software engineers to achieve the business objectives and allocate work accordingly.
- Ability to liaise with other principal engineering functions to ensure software design caters for overall product requirement (Electrical, embedded, applications, etc..).
Essential requirements to be considered for the Principal Software Engineer vacancy:
- Advanced in-depth knowledge of C, C++, C#, HTML and XML software language.
- Previous experience of developing comprehensive software applications using C, C++, C# software tool set.
- NSIS or similar installer script knowledge.
- Previous experience of developing software architecture and planning for expansion of functions/features.
- Ability to think "outside the box" and suggest alternative design methods which promote future development and speed up development.
- Previous experience of developing applications within the Windows environment, especially Windows XP, 7, 8 and 10, including applications that utilise touchscreen interface.
- Knowledge of version control software and issue reporting software. (SVN Subversion and Bugzilla is an advantageous).
- Development of software applications which interface with machine control systems (i.e. PID loops).
- Experience of various communication protocols, i.e. USB, LAN, RS232.
- Previous design experience with embedded control systems, firmware design.
- Previous team management and allocation of workload.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Project packages
- Experience using SVN Subversion and Bugzilla software for version control and issue reporting/management.
- Knowledge of Diesel Common Rail and Gasoline Direct fuel injection systems and their working principles on engine.
- Previous knowledge and experience with hydraulic and electrical control systems, ideally pressure/flow control and quantity measurement.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a Degree level qualification in software engineering, or similar discipline.
- Be ‘customer' focused with a ‘Can Do' attitude.
- A multi-tasker and a finisher.
- An original thinker with a pro-active approach to problem solving and suggesting new ideas.
- An ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Be a team player, comfortable working in a small team and building strong professional relationships.
- Have the ability to organize and take accountability for their own work.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Be flexible and keen to assist in a variety of ways on a variety of projects.
If you feel that this opportunity for a Principal Software Engineer matches your skill set and experience, apply ASAP.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.