Data Protection Officer / DPO
Global giant is looking for a Data Protection Officer with a mix of skills in information security and legal (European GDPR and DPA 2018) to join them on their journey to meet their data protection obligations.
As DPO you will act as the primary contact for supervisory authorities, including the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) and data subjects and offer independent objective advice for their senior leadership team. As the Data Protection Officer you will help drive compliance with their data protection framework (including GDPR and DPA 2018 compliance) through transparent data protection policies, systems and procedures that embed data protection into their global operations, by helping develop and data protection training and by monitoring internal compliance.
The successful Data Protection Officer will have the following experience and skills:
• Expert knowledge of data protection legislation, in particular the GDPR, and a good understanding of other major privacy frameworks and evolving legislation worldwide
• In depth knowledge and experience of information technology and data management systems
• Well-developed and professional interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with people at all levels
• Managing data incidents and breaches
• Understanding of the data protection risks faced by a large data-driven organisation with the ability to conduct the role independently and with integrity
• Ability to make good judgements regarding data privacy risks and to prioritise resources and activity around managing those risks
• Developing policy and compliance training
• Ability to work unsupervised, exercise leadership, and influence change
• Certified EU GDPR Practitioner qualification
Desirable skills and experience:
• Experience of working within a large global organisation
• Knowledge of cybersecurity risks and information security standards
• Additional recognised privacy qualifications e.g. CIPP, ISEB, C-DPO
• ISO27001 Lead Implementer or other IT Security certification CISSP, CISM
In return you will be rewarded with a good salary and an exceptional benefits package including 30 days holiday (plus bank hols), generous pension with employer contributions from 5.5% to 13.5%, season ticket loan, cycle loan, child care vouchers and eye tests.
Based in the west end their offices are in a great location with easy access to Leicester Square, Piccadilly and Charing Cross stations.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.