Graduate Linux Support Engineer
Graduate Linux Support Engineer required for an exciting and growing organisation based in Swindon. As a Graduate Linux Support Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work with and learn from highly experienced technical support engineers, gaining skills across Linux, SQL and Java.
As a Graduate Linux Support Engineer, you can expect the following remuneration package:
• Salary of up to £25,000
• 5% Annual Bonus (Based on Personal & Company Objectives)
• 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays (Buy & Sell up to 5 days holiday per year)
• Personal Pension Scheme (6% Employer Contribution)
• Income Protection
• Subsidised Gym Membership (£20 contribution per month towards a gym membership)
• Life Assurance
• Monthly social events
As a Graduate Linux Support Engineer, your day-to-day responsibilities will consist of:
• Analyse, Develop and Test issues raised by Operations, QA and Product Support Departments.
• Liaise with Development teams to ensure consistency in any code changes, providing extensive support with platform releases.
• Monitor ticket queries, providing timely updates and sharing feedback with key stakeholders.
• Improve Platform Operations including alerting, monitoring and processes.
• Supporting junior members of the team by providing training and general support.
To be considered for the Graduate Linux Support Engineer vacancy, you must possess the following skills/experience:
• A degree in a relevant subject including Computer Science, Software Development or similar.
• Keenness to develop a career within Application Support, Software Development or similar.
• Some understanding around Linux, SQL or Java would be a huge advantage.
• Strong communication skills to interact with internal/external stakeholders on a daily basis.
If you are interested in the Graduate Linux Support Engineer, please click apply today!
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.