Database Administrator – SQL, T-SQL, SSIS, Cloud, Big Data - up to £55,000 – Bristol
SQL Database Administrator required by dynamic, rapidly expanding digital marketing solutions agency.
This amazing company are going from strength to strength and can count some incredible brand names amongst their client portfolio. This role is perfect for a DBA who wants to work with the very latest database solutions and technologies as well as gain certifications to develop their career.
As Database Administrator you will be responsible for the administration and maintenance of SQL Server, Big Data and Cloud Environments from a data centric point of view and developing the skills and capability to resolve application issues regarding data on Big Data platforms, Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP) and SQL Server platforms.
Alongside this you will also be managing and implementing database changes to ensure that the changes fit the with database strategy to provide high levels of reliability, maintenance and support. Other responsibilities include providing support in administering other technologies currently supported by the Platform Team including AWS, Hadoop, and Informatica.
To be considered you must be a passionate, driven Database Administrator with the following skills and experience:
• Strong skills in performance tuning and troubleshooting SQL Server and T-SQL
• Experience across Disaster Recovery, High Availability, Capacity Planning and Security
• Exposure to ETL and Dataflow technologies such as SSIS, Informatica, NiFi or Talend
• Exposure database technologies such as MongoDB, MySQL, Oracle, RedShift, Snowflake, Google Big Query, Hive, HBase or Aurora
• Any exposure to cloud technologies and platforms such as AWS, Azure or Google
• Exposure to Big Data technologies such as Hortonworks, Cloudera and EMR
• Windows and Linux administration skills would be advantageous
• Programming skills in Python, BASH or similar are desirable
Alongside these technical skills you should also possess strong problem solving skills, the ability to work well under pressure, prioritise and multi-task.
Based in fantastic offices in the heart of Bristol, this company have a vibrant working environment and really look after their employees. As well as an excellent salary of £45,000 - £55,000 they offer a range of benefits including pension, life insurance, full medical, free breakfast, fruit and snacks, company discounts and on-going training and career development. If you are a SQL Database Developer or Engineer with the skills mentioned above and want to take your career to the next level then apply NOW!
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.