Software Development Manager – Embedded Software
Software Development Manager required on a permanent basis for a well-established organisation based in Swindon. As a Software Development Manager, you will be innovative and motivated to technically lead an Embedded team within an Agile environment, providing industry leading applications. As a Software Development Manager, you can expect the following remuneration package:
• Basic salary of up to £60,000
• 25 Days Holiday, plus bank holidays
• Pension Scheme
• Health Scheme
• Childcare Scheme.
• Free Eye Testing.
As Software Development Manager, your day-to-day responsibilities will consist of:
• Enabling delivery of multiple software development projects from software design to release.
• Work closely with other team members and project managers to ensure alignment in terms of development related tasks.
• Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Embedded Software Team.
• Overseeing quality and structure of software design, change management and code reviews, driving continuous improvement.
• Analysis, design, development, debugging and unit testing of leading edge applications, following agile based software lifecycles.
• Provide third level support to business users where necessary to analyse and resolve technical problems.
To apply for the Software Development Manager vacancy, you must possess the following skills/experience:
• 5 years' commercial experience within Software Development, covering the full
• Practical design and development experience in Embedded C/C++ ROTS environment development lifecycle and developing embedded software applications.
• Proven experience of managing and leading a software delivery team.
• Strong understanding of agile methodology with the ability to drive agile development in the business.
• Experience of Embedded Microcontroller development, including the ARM processor.
• Experience with communications interfaces; SPI, I2C, UART, Ethernet
• Strong network programming experience including TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL
• Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills are required.
If you meet the criteria for the Software Development Manager vacancy, please click apply below.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.