Database Administrator required on a permanent basis for a global organisation, based in their Swindon offices. As a Database Administrator, you will play a key role in building, implementing and maintaining products/services for clients using the features and functionality of the platform. As a Database Administrator, you can expect the following remuneration package:
• Basic salary of up to £36,000
• Annual Bonus of up to 5%
• 25 Days Holiday (Buy/Sell up to 5 days holiday)
• Income Protection
• Life Insurance
• Gym Membership
• Medical Cover
• Cycle to work scheme
As a Database Administrator, your day-to-day responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Refine, estimate, build, implement, test and support clients and products on the company platform.
• Contribute in streamlining the product set up and maintenance process including the automation of changes, liaising with the relevant development teams where necessary
• Act as a technical lead and support delivery team in all aspects of client delivery.
• Document new processes, tools and functionality. You will also be required to train other members in the team where required.
• Change Management – Writing change procedures for deployment into production environment. Scripting (Shell/SQL) to deploy changes onto Unix/Oracle environment.
• Provide work effort estimates for new project and change requests.
• Provide out of hours support on a rota basis.
To apply for the Database Administrator, you must have the following skills and experience:
• Experience with working at least one mainstream SQL database and the ability to develop complex SQL queries.
• At least 1 year of experience in a technical IT capacity with a broad understanding of computer science fundamentals, including: Web architecture, XML handling, development and test life-cycle.
• Strong system and requirements analysis skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Agile methodology awareness.
• It would also be nice if you had experience with Unix.
If you meet the criteria for the Database Administrator, please apply today!
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.