The People Network are currently supporting a well-established global automotive brand in the West Midlands with their continued growth of Systems and Software Engineers.
As a Systems Engineer you will:
• Provide a pragmatic approach to requirements architectures, that suit each programme size and timescale.
• Liaise with stakeholders to enable the elicitation of high-level requirements.
• Define system and component architectures and interfaces.
• Conduct appropriate analysis (use cases, sequence diagrams, simulations, state machines etc.) for defining system behaviour and deriving requirements.
• Perform or support system models and simulations.
• Support reliability and safety analysis (e.g. FMEA, FTA, HARA etc.)
• Use requirements management tools for capturing requirements at all levels and generating specification documents.
• Interface between software and hardware engineers to support system design.
• Perform or support the development of test plans and test cases.
• Work closely with suppliers to ensure that requirements , timescales and costs in targeted are tracked and achieved.
• Support verification and validation activities and feedback of results into the system design.
• Ensure project documentation is correctly managed, maintained and released in line with company processes and standards.
• Deliver engineering tasks in line with project milestones.
• Support the governance of requirements management process, toolchain and model architectures.
• A degree or similar qualification in an engineering discipline.
• A minimum of 2 years relevant industry experience
• Experience of systems design and electronics hardware.
• A sound understanding of engineering, physics and applied mathematics and their application to solving real world problems.
• Experience of model-based requirements engineering.
• Familiarity with systems engineering processes from requirements capture through to design validation.
• Electronic Communication Protocols (UART, SPU, I2C and others)
• Embedded Hardware Components (Processor, Memory, Power Supply, Sensors, Watchdogs, Motor Drives, Solenoids control)
• Software architecture
• Real Time Operation Systems
• Microprocessor architecture
• Design as per A-Spice and/or FuSa ISO 26262
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.