Network Consultant required on a permanent basis for a growing SME in Swindon. As a Network Consultant, your time will be focused on primarily pre-sales and project work, specifically around Network, Wireless and Security products. As a Network Consultant, you can expect the following remuneration package:
• Basic salary of up to £80,000
• Annual Bonus of up to 7.5%
• Car Allowance of £3,600 (£300 per month)
• Flexible Working
• Pension Scheme (Up to 5% matched)
• Free Gym/Swimming Pool Membership
• Other discounts
• Extensive Training and Development opportunities
As a Network Consultant, your day-to-day role will consist of:
• Providing technical pre-sales support, both remotely or on-site through workshops or presentations.
• Proposing realistic solutions to meet client requirements.
• Build strong working relationships with a range of key clients.
• Performing configuration, troubleshooting and administration duties.
• Creating high level and detailed infrastructure designs and solutions.
• Managing critical incidents, dealing with them accordingly and within agreed SLA's.
• Log calls with third party vendors (such as Cisco or Checkpoint), escalating where necessary.
• Provide out of hours support via on call rota.
To apply for the Network Consultant position, you must possess the following skills/experience:
• Extensive experience of supporting Cisco devices.
• Strong knowledge of LAN, WAN, Wireless, Voice Technology.
• Ideally CCNP certified.
• Knowledge of Cisco Prime and/or Solarwinds
• Excellent skills and understanding of protocols including OSPF, RIPv2, BGP, EIGRP, MPLS, VPLS, IPSEC, VPN, SSL VPN, VOIP, SIP Trunking, FCOE and iSCISI.
• Strong firewall experience (ASA, Checkpoint)
• Enterprise Data Centre Network Infrastructure experience.
• Flexible attitude to work and travelling (Expenses paid!)
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• A positive attitude and a "can do" approach to problem solving!
If you meet the criteria above for the Network Consultant vacancy, please apply today!
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.