Network Engineer required on a permanent basis for an expanding business with HQ in Swindon. Please note this role is primarily remote and 65-75% of the time, travelling to customer sites. As a Network Engineer, you will build strong relationships with customers, display passion and enthusiasm for delivering IT solutions across wired and wireless networks. The business work with a variety of customers across different sectors therefore required a trusted advisor to ensure customer needs are met. As a Network Engineer, you can expect the following remuneration package:
• Basic salary of up to £50,000
• On Call Allowance of £1,100
• Car Allowance of £3,600
• Annual Bonus of up to 7.5%
• All expenses paid
• Matched Pension Scheme
• 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
• Flexible Working
• Funded Training
• Positive Workplace and Supportive Leadership
As a Network Engineer, your day to day role will consist of the following responsibilities:
• Implementation of end-to-end network solutions across routing, switching, security, data centre and wireless.
• Configuration and Maintenance of firewalls like Cisco ASA/FirePOWER, Cisco ISE etc.
• Creation of technical and support documentation.
• Build strong rapport with clients and become a trusted advisor for all technical needs.
• Spend 65-75% of your time travelling to customer sites along the M4 corridor and London.
• Assist with pre-sales demonstrations and identifying any up-sell opportunities when conducting client estate audits.
• VLAN design and implementation.
• Implementation and support of WLC, conducting site surveys and identifying access points.
• Configuration and deployment of Cisco Virtual Appliances and VMware vCentre networking would be advantageous.
• Frequent training and development especially around SDN, SD-WAN, Hyper-Converged and Hybrid-Cloud data centre solutions such as Cisco ACI.
To apply for the Network Engineer vacancy, you must have the following skills/experience:
• Strong knowledge and experience across configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of Switches and Routers.
• Network Security/Firewall knowledge including Cisco ASA/FirePOWER, Cisco ISE.
• In depth knowledge of VLAN design and implementation.
• Prior experience in terms of implementation and supporting of WLC, conducting site surveys and identifying access points.
• CCNA R&S is essential.
• CCNA Security, CCDP or CCNP R&S/Security would be highly advantageous.
• Any other training from other vendors is a nice to have, but not essential.
If you meet the criteria above for the Network Engineer vacancy, please apply today and our Managing Consultant will be in contact within 1 working day.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.