The People Network are currently supporting a well-established global automotive brand in the West Midlands with their continued growth of Systems and Software Engineers.
As an Embedded Software Engineer you will:
• Provide technical delivery of software activities to meet timescales and cost.
• Take technical ownership of embedded software for a range of vehicle domains, through development and validation of electrical and electronic systems.
• Support system integration, providing debugging capability during development and deliver production ready solutions.
• Interface with suppliers and partner with technical requirements and feedback for existing and new designs.
• Work closely with other engineering disciplines (electronics hardware, control SW) to develop modern, innovative and practical solutions.
Skills and Qualifications
• Degree qualified in an Engineering or Science related discipline as a minimum; ideally Chartered or working toward Chartership status.
• 2+ years of experience successfully supporting projects in an engineering environment either in an OEM or Tier 1, for production or R&D programmes.
• Supporting systems engineering processes and software development lifecycle.
• Experience of embedded firmware development, deployed onto and interfacing with bespoke hardware.
• Significant experience of C languages in real-time embedded systems.
• The design of functional safety compliant software, are per ISO 26262
• Experience of software development to AUTOSAR and MISRA C coding standards and guidelines.
• Authoring required documentation, including requirements specifications, technical reports, test specifications, user manuals work instructions etc.
• Bench testing and practical validation of software functionality and safety requirements.
• A history of interfacing with external stakeholders (e.g. customers or suppliers) for dealing with technical queries and resolving technical issues.
• The application of systems and software modelling languages (UML, SysML) and tools (Simulink, Targetlink)
• Use of standard automotive diagnostics and calibration tools.
• Familiarity with Automotive SPICE and Development framework
• Knowledge of control systems and the practical application of control theory.
• Automotive communications protocols (CAN, CAN-FD, Flexray, UDS, OBD)
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.