Mechanical Design Engineer- Solidworks
£50,000 + Benefits
The People Network are currently supporting a well established innovative business who are at the cutting edge of the electric vehicle revolution.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be working on true greenfield project where the role is for someone who has strong experience with Solidworks and has the ability to demonstrate their skills and experience, whilst working on exciting and innovative pieces of work.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer you will:
• Mechanical design
• Assessment of project requirements
• Preparation of 3D CAD designs from concept to final 3D model(s)
• Creation of multiple assembly designs and design structure (typically 100+ subassemblies / 100+ parts)
• Electro-mechanical assemblies including wiring harnesses
• Fabricated parts and assemblies
• Preparation of manufacturing drawing pack (2D assembly, fabrication documentation and manufacturing drawings)
• BOM creation
• Preparation of internal Capital Expenditure Requests
• Cross functional team working
• Happy to use own equipment
• Mechanical Design Engineer Qualifications:
1. A strong mechanical engineering background
2. Solid expertise in 3D CAD
3. Top-down & bottom-up approach
4. Design for Manufacture (DFM) & Design for Assembly (DFA)
5. Industrialisation experience involving research, design, and delivery of a process, equipment or technological solution
6. Familiarity with health and safety regulations.
7. Fluent English language skills (written and verbal)
If you are a passionate, self-motivated, responsible Design Engineer with a track record of being able to working independently and in a team then you should be hitting apply.
In return the successful candidate can expect a salary of £45k-£50k plus benefits. You will be required to visit the office in the West Midlands for 4 days a week. Immediate start available.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.