Senior Java Developer
Senior Java Developer required on a permanent basis for a leading business within the financial sector, based in Swindon. As a Senior Java Developer, you will be leading the on-going development and lesser degree maintenance of systems within the organisation coupled with supporting/training junior members within the team. As a Senior Java Developer, you can expect the following remuneration package:
• Basic salary of up to £55,000
• 5% Annual Bonus
• 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
• Personal Pension Scheme (6% Employer Contribution)
• Flexible Working
• Income Protection
• Life Insurance
• Medical Cover
• Free Gym Membership
• Employee Assistance Programme
As a Senior Java Developer, your key responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
• Development/Testing of stories in line with company standards/objectives.
• Occasionally support other areas of the business, answering questions/queries on the software platform.
• Delivering sprints.
• Contribute to developing agile methodology within the organisation, including sprint refinement, planning and delivering.
• Actively work with QA and DevOps teams to support with operational aspects.
• Provide support and training to Junior Developers/Developers in Test within the team.
• Adapt a positive attitude in your daily role and approach to problem solving, encouraging the progress of the team.
To apply for the Senior Java Developer vacancy, you must possess the following skills/experience:
• A minimum of 5 years within Java Development, most recent experience ideally in Java 8.
• Strong Database skills, specifically around SQL/PL-SQL and Schema Design.
• High competency in Object Orientated Design (OOD).
• Strong understanding and experience around Linux/Unix.
• Strong understanding and desire to work in an Agile Development environment.
• A positive attitude and the desire to progress within an organisation, helping others along the way.
If you are interested in the Senior Java Developer vacancy, please apply today!
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.