Systems Engineer – Linux /Web (Contract)
Responsible for infrastructure & application (web) activities, the Systems Engineer has a broad operational, support and delivery remit across datacentre & cloud environments (Azure). As part of a small high-performance team the Systems Engineer will manage and drive improvement across an integrated architecture ensuring systems remain stable, available and performant.
- Linux (Ubuntu & CentOS) on VMware technologies leveraging ZFS
- Oracle Glassfish servers and load balancers (HA Proxy)
- Automation & Scripting (Bash, PowerShell, Ansible, Python)
- Webservice & API management
- System & device patches, upgrades and fixes
- Incident, Problem & Change management of technical issues
- Occasional deskside support as required
- Timely communication with users, colleagues and partners to inform, log and escalate
- Documentation as required (e.g. specification, design, map, runbook or change).
Background / Experience:
- Strong knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Strong understanding of web services & API management
- Strong scripting and automation experience (Team City)
- Practical understanding of ZFS
- Practical operating understanding of VMware
- Clear understanding and exposure to storage management
- Desirable:Working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems
- Desirable: Database experience (Postgres, SQL)
- Desirable: An understanding of Agile and DevOps methodology
- Inspires confidence with a self-starter attitude with distinguishable accountability
- Demonstrable ability to work dynamically, collaboratively & effectively
- Excellent analytical and conceptual thinking skills with keen attention to detail
- Confident in taking on challenges and enjoys learning new concepts, methodologies and technologies
- Demonstrates personal commitment
- Solid communication, both written and oral
- Desirable: Presentation techniques confident in front of Experts & Leaders alike.
Desirable: Training & Mentoring with an innate willingness to share knowledge.
If you are intrested and would like to learn more please send your CV!
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.