Software Development Manager
Software Development Manager required on a permanent basis for an expanding SME based in Gloucestershire. As Software Development Manager, you will take overall responsibility for the IT department in terms of leading and managing the team, engaging with business/technology stakeholders and managing key IT projects within the business whilst taking a very “hands on” approach. As Software Development Manager, you can expect the following remuneration:
- Competitive Salary
- 22 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Flexible Working
- On-Site Parking
- Profit Sharing / Share Options
As Software Development Manager, your day-to-day responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Coaching and mentoring a development team to continuously achieve department objectives.
- Be very “hands on” in approach, work closely with the Development team and actively contribute to coding activities (.Net Framework).
- Develop the maintenance strategy for the company Networks, ensuring integration with the company growth plans.
- Reduce downtime and ensure systems are optimised to the maximum, in line with business targets.
- Creating annual and project budgets for the IT Department.
- Work with business stakeholders to generate reports/datasets around key business operations.
- Administer and develop the disaster recovery plan to ensure the smooth running of the business, should a crisis occur.
To apply for the Software Development Manager vacancy, you must possess the following skills/experience:
- A strong level of recent Software Development experience, specifically around C#/.NET.
- Front End Development/UI experience.
- Good understanding around Database development, ideally in MS SQL Server including writing T-SQL queries.
- People Management experience coupled with the ability to motivate a team.
- Any experience around Cloud technology would be a bonus (AWS, Azure, GCP etc.)
- Some experience of developing/overseeing Networking and IT Infrastructure within a business.
- Strong commercial awareness and ability to engage with non-technical stakeholders.
If you meet the criteria above and are interested in applying for the Software Development Manager vacancy, please click apply below for immediate consideration.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.